Buying a luxury home is a unique process. It's different in many ways from buying an ordinary house, and our real estate agents have helped countless buyers find their luxury dream homes on Long Island. Along the way, we've discovered that these are six of the things today's luxury buyers look for the most.
- Ample useful space. Many buyers are looking for luxury homes with a lot of room, but it's not simply a matter of having extra square footage just for the sake of having it. All that space should be well planned-out and useful – ample closet space, large dining rooms for entertaining, extra bedrooms for guests, relatives, and helpers. It's important that every room has a purpose.
- Unique building materials. It's about more than size and style when it comes to luxury homes. Many of today's buyers are looking for homes that integrate rare or unusual building materials into the space. Trends are also leaning toward sustainable/renewable options, which means that reclaimed materials are especially big right now.
- Smart technology. Advances in smart home tech have grown by leaps and bounds in recent years, to the point that they have become virtually a requirement for many buyers. Being able to control the lights, air conditioning, and home security through your smartphone is now a major selling point.
- Kitchen perfection. The kitchen is almost universally regarded as the most important room in the home, and luxury homes are much more appealing if they come with a tricked-out kitchen. A massive, commercial-grade kitchen with lots of prep space and top of the line appliances is a great feature to have, and little extra touches like a wine refrigerator or walk-in pantry can make a house all the more appealing.
- Outdoor spaces. As homes become tighter and tighter, ample outdoor space is increasingly in demand. This is especially true with luxury homes, which often come with high-end features like outdoor cooking areas, expansive lawns and rooftop gardens. Big, adult trees are also a selling point.
- Location, location, location. There's simply nothing more important than location, and even the most perfect house loses a lot of its luster if it's in a bad neighborhood. Everyone has different needs when it comes to location – maybe you want a short commute, or lots of restaurants and nightlife spots nearby, access to the beach or a great view – but everybody agrees that location is crucial.
Contact us today to learn more about what to look for in a luxury home. Our team of REALTORS® is dedicated to helping you find the perfect Long Island home for you and your family.