Wednesday, July 7th, is World Chocolate Day! You should celebrate with a trip to a chocolate shop, to get some good, high-quality chocolate. Our REALTORS® can help you find the perfect home for you, but where can you find delicious chocolate in the Long Island area? Here are our picks for the best candy shops and chocolatiers to help you celebrate Chocolate Day the right way.
- Kilwins Chocolates - 109D Main St., Port Jefferson, NY 11777
Kilwins prides itself on both high-quality chocolate and great customer care. With locations all around the country, there's one in Port Jefferson that features both in-store shopping and DoorDash delivery. Their selection includes delicious, hand-paddled fudge (buy two slices, get one free), their signature rich, creamy ice cream, and of course, a variety of chocolates and truffles of all types. Their products are all lovingly made on-site and a treat for anyone who stops by.
- Chocolate Works - 160 Walt Whitman Rd., Huntington Station, NY 11746
With several locations around Long Island, including one in Walt Whitman Shops mall in Huntington Station, Chocolate Works has something for every taste and price range. That includes gourmet, Belgian chocolate truffles, hand-dipped, chocolate-covered cinnamon bun pretzels, and a variety of delicious sugar-free options, from vanilla caramels to cognac cherries. You can even special order a chocolate pizza for parties and events. Plus, they offer chocolate workshops, where you and your family can learn to make sweet treats of your own!
- Sugared Up - 522 Main St., Islip, NY 11751. This Islip gem has both a candy shop and a cafe, which provide a plethora of amazing chocolate products. The candy shop features fresh truffles, chocolate-covered pretzels, and much more, all lovingly handmade. They also do beautiful gift baskets for every occasion. The cafe includes a wide assortment of hand-dipped milkshakes, in every flavor you can imagine, from birthday cake to cookie butter to Nutella and more. So whether you go to the shop, the cafe, or both, Sugared Up is the perfect place to get your chocolate fix.
- Jacques Torres Chocolate - 630 Old Country Rd., Garden City, NY 11530
Widely known as Mr. Chocolate, Jacques Torres is one of the best chocolatiers anywhere. You may have seen him as the head judge on Netflix's Nailed It! He has several Jacques Torres Chocolate shops around New York, including one in the Roosevelt Field Mall in Garden City. There are chocolate chip cookies, macarons, a bonbon counter, and of course, Jacques Torres's signature hot chocolate.
- Minty's Candies and Treats - 33 S. Broad St., Norwich, NY 13815
Minty's Candies and Treats is a wonderful, locally-owned candy shop in Norwich. Open Tuesday through Saturday, they sell a variety of chocolates and truffles, as well as four different types of fudge: chocolate, peanut butter, chocolate peanut butter, and chocolate nut. They also sell several different types of chocolate pizza, both whole and by the slice - and don't forget the chocolate wings! Minty's even sells a selection of retro candies that many customers may remember from their youth, such as Mallo Cups and Charleston Chew bars. Whatever you're looking for, Minty's has just about everything you need to celebrate World Chocolate Day.
Whether you're looking for Nassau County homes for sale or Suffolk County homes for sale, there's guaranteed to be some excellent chocolate nearby. Contact us to help you find a home in the area that's convenient to everything you need.